Monday 26 July 2010

Top 5 Sweets

5 - Bananas and Shrimps: These sweets really are the slappers of the confectionary world. They bring a bit of colour to the pick and mix bag and while the texture is definitely nothing to write home about, they are unique.

4 - BonBons: These really remind me of primary school, going to the shops and buying 50 pence worth of bonbons with my pocket money each week. And for that reason alone they're in the top 5. Note however that I hate the rock hard ones and the easily chewed ones. You need a balance between the two.

3 - Flying Saucers: It physically hurts me to not put flying saucers into the top 2 but these classic sweets have new challengers and their time is up. The mix of cardboard like coating and a sherbet centre are a match made in heaven, i just wish there was more sherbet in them.

2 - Percy Pigs: These sweets are the new boys on the block and have already had several spinoffs with piglets, sheep, piggy tails etc. The best bit about them is that they actually contain pig (pork gelatin) and deserve to be in Vogue's 2008 hot list. I'm just waiting for the M&S advert where they have Percy Pigs being eaten to the sound of 'At The River' by Groove Armada.

1 - Haribo Eggs: Now I hate eggs. The smell, the texture, the look of a fried one or a poached or even a boiled egg. But man I love Haribo eggs. I would happily buy a large pack of haribo just for the 5 eggs in there. They are my ultimate guilty pleasure and without doubt the best sweet on the market at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment